Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Dum Dum Girls - I Will Be

"Oh go-oh-ohd how did i get here, i do not know, I just woke up at this strange show, This woman's clearly out of her mind, She's covered in shit and high as a kite, La la la la la, la la la la la la la la la la, la la la"

Cali-grown Dum Dum Girls release a noise-pop gem with I Will Be.  "Baby Don't Go" sings like a runaway note written for a loved one, explaining why she has to go, but wants you to stay and wait for her; it also makes for the perfect closer to the album, and a perfect opener to my review. (forgive me if I didn't use the semi-colon correctly, I'm a high school drop. ADUHHH)  With the radio and mtv churning out it's usual bile that gets pawned off as music, one should hope that DDG find a way to be heard.  Echoing melodramatic guitars, simple yet precise drumming, and a little bit of german will have you hooked like a delicious bass.  "Jail La La La" can potentially take over the world with its humorous and catchy lyrics, I envision DDG going to Japan and having a Runaways style riot on their hands. Its the kind of music any hipster dad would hope for his daughter to find in his record collection and become their favorite band. (Yes, margot, i'm talking to you!) Favorite Tracks - "Yours Alone," "Jail La La La," "Baby Don't Go"

Fans of - The Best Coast, Beach House, Cadence Fox (great girl band), being to cool for school, and talented woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment