Monday, December 20, 2010

No Age - Everything In Between






""Thoughts are looming, I've been wondering, When is it my turn to get a win, Everyone is out to get you again, But I want you back underneath my skin"

  No Age keep the streak of incredible music from 2010 alive, with their genre blending mystery house of an album "Everything In Between."  Every song on EIB stands on its own as a story, feeling, thought, or memory, but the album has an incredible pace and flow to it that makes the record such a musically intoxicating experience. From the disconsolate and paranoid first single "Glitter" to the thunderous yet dreary "Sorts" EIB is an album that is a pure glass cage of emotion. There was an instance while listening to "Glitter" that the vocals expanded back into the song, and  i was caught so off guard that I was jolted  and felt like a stranger was looming behind me whispering the lyrics into my ear. The song after Glitter on the album is 4 minute riot anthem just waiting to be added a sundance soundtrack. "Shred and Transcend" does exactly what it boasts as leaves behind any and everyone that attempts to call themselves their musical peers.  Theres so much going on throughout the album, and i just don't have enough similes and metaphors to do the album justice, so how about just a small list of adjectives that describe some of my favorite parts of:  Tokyo at dawn (ok one last metaphor), echoing, marching, twinkling, sonic, youthful, thrusting.   Favorite tracks - "Fever Dreaming" "Glitter," "Shred and Transcend" and "Valley Hump Cash."

For Fans of - Sonic Youth, Harlem,Owls (band and animal),  Donnie Darko, and  flannel (shirts not sheets, flannel sheets are itchy, and this album is more of a back scratch to calm your itch caused by horrible music.)

PS:  Here's my last.fm account if you want to check out what i've been listening to, and maybe even friend me!!
http://www.last.fm/user/StromileDaBeast

No comments:

Post a Comment